Why measure conductivity?
Optimise nutrient levels
All plants need access to the correct amount of food (nutrients) so that they can grow and flourish. Over- or under-feeding your plants can result in the waste of expensive nutrient resources and plant health issues.
The simplest way to keep track of the amount of nutrients in your solution is to measure conductivity, which refers to the total ionic content (dissolved salts) in a solution. From a scientific perspective, when nutrients are added, this creates the potential for electricity to move through a solution, increasing the electrical conductivity.
By measuring and adjusting nutrient levels, you’ll ensure that your plants are getting the macro- and micro-nutrients they need for superior plant health.
The grower’s nutrient meter of choice
Robust design that’s built to last
Tried, tested and loved by growers for decades, the Bluelab Truncheon Nutrient Meter is renowned as the best conductivity meter for measuring solution. This brilliantly simple, bullet-proof nutrient meter allows you to measure and adjust nutrient levels for optimal plant performance.
The Bluelab Truncheon Nutrient Meter may have been designed for everyday use, but we guarantee that it’ll become your growing companion for life.
Designed in New Zealand with growers in mind
All our products are designed with growers, for growers - so you can be confident that the Bluelab Truncheon Nutrient Meter can withstand the knocks and drops that come with everyday growing.
Product Features / Benefits
- Robust and reliable construction for long-lasting value
- Fully waterproof; splash, submerge or sink - we've got you covered
- Automatically detects liquids and bright LEDS indicate measurement for brilliantly simple functionality
- Long-format design for mixing and measuring nutrient reservoirs simultaneously
- No calibration required and easy to clean and disinfect
- All conductivity scales included – EC, CF, PPM 500 (TDS), PPM 700
- Industry-leading five-year warranty for peace of mind